We are so excited to welcome you back to school!
Below you can find some key information about what we will be learning together this half-term.
If you need to get in contact with me as class teacher, please use our class email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can expect a response within 2 working days during term time.
If there is anything that needs my immediate attention, please contact the office as the message will get to me quicker than an email to the class!
During this half term, we will be…
- Reading and writing suspense stories in English.
- Year 3 will start with studying measurement before moving onto fractions in Maths.
- Year 4 will start with studying fractions before moving onto decimals in Maths.
- Studying light and shadow in Science.
- Discussing what rivers are and how they are used in Geography.
- Discussing citizenship and local communities in Learning for Life (PSHE).
- Asking what makes us human and different ways to express ourselves and our beliefs in RE.
- Exploring Hanami and how music can be used to represent nature in Music.
- Learning vocabulary for classroom items in French.
- Looking at website design in Computing.
- PE is every Monday with a PE coach. Children should come to school in their PE kits on this day.
- Swimming is every Thursday.
- Reading at home should be a daily occurrence. Ideally, your child should be reading aloud to an adult everyday, this should be recorded in the reading record.
- Spelling tests are every Monday. These are handed out on Monday’s to give a week to learn them. Copies can be found below in the Weekly Spellings section.
- Maths homework is handed out every Friday and due in the following Friday. Copies can be found below in the Maths homework section.
- Times Table Rock Stars is also available for your children to play whenever they like, there is currently no set expectation as to how regular this should be.
- Home learning project books are termly, the grid for this term is attached below and due on Friday 15th March for those who would like to participate.
- Our Smokey Row day is Friday. In KS2, we aim to visit every other week. This will be communicated via email to let you know when we will be going.
If you have any questions for me, please feel free to send me an email as noted at the top, or can always catch me at pickup of course.