Year 3/4 (Water Class)
Hello my lovely Water Class!
I am so excited to be back in school with you all and to start our exciting learning journey together! We have lots of fun heading our way and I can't wait to get to know you all in the next few weeks.
Our Topic: The Victorians
Our Big Question: Is change always a good thing?
Our concepts: Curiosity, Revolution and Resilience
Our Christian Value: Respect
During this half term, we will be…
- Writing diary entries in the role of a Victorian climbing boy and writing non-chronological reports about the Victorians in English.
- Refreshing our knowledge of place value and practising adding and subtracting larger numbers using written methods in Maths.
- Investigating what light is, how it travels and how it is reflected in Science.
- Learning about the reign of Queen Victoria and the many changes that happened in that era in History.
- Exploring British artists in Art.
- Talking about the importance of mental health, positive mindsets and how to cope with challenges in PSHE.
- Exploring how Christians show their faith, the significance of the baptism, the Holy Communion and how Christians celebrate and worship around the world in RE.
- Learning about composition and beat in Music.
- Developing our Word processing skills in Computing.
- Practising greetings and basic conversational phrases in Spanish.
PE is every Monday and Friday.
Our Smokey Row day is Wednesday but as we have so much learning to cover in KS2, we will unfortunately not be able to visit every week. We will go as much as we can and I will warn the children the week before.
Spelling tests will be every Friday morning - the first one will be Friday 24th Sept. This has changed from a Thursday morning because we can't fit it in after swimming.
Cracking times tables will be every Monday and Friday - starting Friday 10th Sept.
Swimming will take place every Thursday morning starting Thursday 16th Sept. (More information about swimming to follow)
I can't wait to see you all very soon!
Miss Walker (Furmston)
If you would like extra learning resources to explore during this remote learning period:
Please use the Oak National Academy to find a variety of fantastic lessons and activities taught virtually by qualified teachers. The BBC Bitesize website and GoNoodle website also offer great learning activities.