Year 3/4 (Water Class)
Welcome to Spring 1! I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year break and are now ready to jump back into our exciting learning journey.
Our Topic: The Stone Age
Our Big Question: How has civilisation changed over time?
Our concepts: Change, Reform, Influence
Our Christian Value: Endurance
During this half term, we will be…
- Writing our own adventure stories and writing instructions in English.
- Refreshing our knowledge of Multiplication and Division and deepening our skills in Measurement and Fractions in Maths.
- Investigating rocks and soils in Science.
- Learning about the Stone Age to Iron Age period in History.
- Creating cave paintings, Stone Age jewellery and collages in Art.
- Talking about relationships, feelings and emotions in PSHE.
- Exploring the importance of Passover and the Holy Week in RE.
- Focusing on pitch and songs from other countries in Music.
- Understanding the importance of e-safety in Computing.
- Practising key vocabulary such as family and birthdays in Spanish.
PE is every Monday and Friday.
Our Smokey Row day is Wednesday but as we have so much learning to cover in KS2, we will unfortunately not be able to visit every week. We will go as much as we can and I will warn the children the week before.
Spelling tests is every Friday morning.
Cracking times tables is every Monday and Friday.
Swimming takes place every Thursday morning.
If you would like extra learning resources to explore during this remote learning period:
Please use the Oak National Academy to find a variety of fantastic lessons and activities taught virtually by qualified teachers. The BBC Bitesize website and GoNoodle website also offer great learning activities.