Year 3/4 (Water Class)
Welcome to Summer 2! I hope you have all had a brilliant half term and enjoyed celebrating the Platinum Jubilee Weekend and are now ready to jump back into our exciting learning journey.
Our Topics: The Ancient Egyptians and Rivers
Our Big Question: Do we really make a difference?
Our concepts: Cohension, Community, Choices
Our Christian Value: Hope
During this half term, we will be…
- Writing play scripts and persuasive writing in English.
- Understanding time, geometry and statistics in Maths.
- Investigating Plants and their life cycle in Science.
- Continue to explore the Ancient Egyptians in History.
- Continue learning about a Rivers journey in Geography.
- Creating papyrus paper and Ancient Egyptian Cartouches in Art and DT
- Talking about money matters in PSHE.
- Exploring the different viewpoints on authority in RE.
- Singing along to the story of Treasure Island in Music.
- Creating a PowerPoint related to the Egyptians in Computing.
- Practising key vocabulary related to seasons in Spanish.
PE is every Monday and Friday.
Our Smokey Row day is Wednesday but as we have so much learning to cover in KS2, we will unfortunately not be able to visit every week. We will go as much as we can and I will warn the children the week before.
Spelling tests is every Friday morning.
Cracking times tables is every Monday and Friday.
Swimming takes place for Year 4 every Thursday morning.
If you would like extra learning resources to explore during this remote learning period:
Please use the Oak National Academy to find a variety of fantastic lessons and activities taught virtually by qualified teachers. The BBC Bitesize website and GoNoodle website also offer great learning activities.