Reception (Earth Class)
Welcome to Earth Class
"Together Is A Wonderful Place To Be"
Hello Earth Class and welcome back to School. We hope you had a lovely half term full of family fun and Autumn walks.
This half term we will be taking an adventure through Traditional Tales and using our imagination to explore some fantasy worlds and meet some fairy tale characters. Our new topic is as follows:
- Listening and joining in with a wide range of Traditional Tales such as The Gingerbread Man, The Three Little Pigs, Goldilocks and The Three Bears, Jack and the Beanstalk and The Little Red Hen
- Retelling stories through drama and story maps
- Using our phonics to write for a variety of reasons e.g. wanted posters, letters, postcards, simple captions and simple stories
- Finding out about the world around us including cooking, habitats, following maps, investigating materials, farming and life cycles
- Creating a wide range of models, music and art based on fairy tales and our imagination
- Developing our fine motor skills through a wide range of activities e.g. threading, playdough and pencil control while also developing our gross motors skills where we will be thinking about space and joining in with story drama and performances
- Investigating the composition and comparing 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 while identifying shapes within the environment
- Exploring positional language and sequencing daily events
- Continuing to build friendships, show respect and understanding of classroom rules and school expectations
- Reading the Christmas story and finding out about Christmas traditions from around the world.
- In Earth class we play outside whatever the weather so please make sure your child has a suitable coat and a water bottle (Learning through Play is thirsty work!)
Earth Class Gallery
Below you will be able to see some of the wonderful learning that takes place in our class. Make sure you keep coming back to check as we will be adding photos each week.