Year 1/2 (Air Class)
Welcome to Air Class!
Below you can find some key information about what we will be learning together this half-term.
If you need to get in contact with me as class teacher, please use our class email address: email@example.com
You can expect a response within 2 working days.
If there is anything that needs my immediate attention, please contact the office
PE is continued to be timetabled for Monday and Wednesday. Please wear PE kit on these days.
Our Topic: Would you prefer to live in a hot or cold place? (Geography)
In Geography we will be exploring different countries and their climates. Some key skills we are aiming to develop include; Locating all the world’s seven continents on a world map. Describing and beginning to explain some key similarities between their local area and a small area of a contrasting non-European country. Describing and beginning to explain some key differences between their local area and a small area of a contrasting non-European country. Describing what physical features may occur in a hot place in comparison to a cold place. Locating some hot and cold areas of the world on a world map.
During this half term within our subjects we will be focusing on the following:
- English: Writing a story of fear using suspense (Model Text: Hansel and Gretel) and Writing a newspaper report to recount (Model Text: Witch outwitted)
- Maths: Year 1: Place Value (Within 50), Measures: Length and height and Measures: mass and volume
Year 2: Measures: length and height Measures: mass, capacity and temperature combine units / small steps and Statistics.
- Science: Animals (Including Humans) Life cycles and health
Identifying the stages of animal life cycles and carrying out tests to record growth.
- Learning For Life: Economic Wellbeing. The outcomes are to recognise that people make different choices about saving and spending. Recognise that different skills are needed for different jobs.
- R.E: Big Question- Dose the creation story help people to understand God?
Music: Vocal and Body Sounds (by the sea) Children will make links between music, sounds and environments and use percussion, vocal and body sounds to represent calm or stormy seas.
PE is timetabled every Monday and Wednesday. The children should come to school in their PE kits on these days.
Content to follow
Smokey Row is timetabled for Tuesday afternoon, weather and adult ratio dependent.