Year 4 (Fire Class)
Welcome to the Summer Term!
My wonderful Fire Class, can you believe we are already in Summer 2?! This has been an incredible year full of challenges and I am so proud of the resilience and determination you have shown; you're all FABULOUS! The count down to the summer holidays is on but until then we have weeks of exciting learning ahead of us and I can't wait to get going.
Our main topic this term is 'The Americas'.
Our big question is 'Should we care about what happens on the other side of the world?'
Our key concepts for this term are: Belonging, Identity and Diversity.
During this half term, we will be...
- writing and designing persuasive leaflets and writing a balanced argument in English
- exploring statistics (graphs and data) and geometry in Maths
- exploring how we make sound and investigating pitch in Science
- designing and baking bread in DT
- exploring Fair Trade in PSHE and then how our bodies change as we grow older in RSE
- discovering inventions that changed the world in History
- explore the Bible stories of Jesus and the miracles he performed in RE
- developing our athletic skills in PE
- learn about PowerPoint and how to create an effective presentation in Computing.
Finally, I hope that you all had a wonderful half term in the sun and that you are ready for the challenges ahead! I can't wait to see you all very soon!
Miss Furmston x
Please remember -
PE - Monday and Friday
Smokey Row - every other Monday
Homework - handed in by Thursday
Spelling test - every Thursday
Cracking Times Tables - every Monday and Friday
Please use the following links if you are isolating and learning at home this week:
Maths: 2D shape and symmetry
PSHE: Our wonderful world
History: Ancient Egypt
PE: GoNoodle - Workout
If you would like extra learning resources to explore during this remote learning period:
Please use the Oak National Academy to find a variety of fantastic lessons and activities taught virtually by qualified teachers. The BBC Bitesize website also offers great learning activities.