Year 4 (Fire Class)
Welcome back, superstars!
I really hope you all had a lovely, relaxing half term with your families. I have missed seeing your faces during our daily meetings and I can't wait to catch up with you all and hear what you've been up to!
The first half of this term has definitely been a strange one with many challenges. However, you have all been AMAZING and a real credit to our school; I am constantly impressed by your endurance, determination and positive attitudes so a BIG well done to you all! I am really hoping that we will all be together in school again soon.
Our main topic this term is 'Rivers and Rainforests'.
Our big question is 'Do all living things deserve respect?'
Our key concepts for this term are: Forgiveness, Change and Life.
During this half term, we will be...
- writing biographies and writing and performing persuasive speeches in English
- exploring fractions and decimals in Maths
- finding out about habitats, organisms and the impact we have on the environment in Science
- learning about renewable energy sources and designing a wind turbine in DT
- exploring where money comes from and the impact it has on our lives in PSHE
- discovering the fascinating Roman Empire in History
- investigating the role of pilgrimage in different religions in RE
I'm sure you'll agree, a very busy and exciting half term indeed; I can't wait to get started!
Finally, I hope that you are all safe, happy and well. I can't wait to see your smiling faces soon!
Miss Furmston x
Please use the following links if you are isolating and learning at home this week:
English: Persuasive Writing
Science: Animals, including humans
History: Roman Britain
RE: Pilgrimage - Festivals of Islam
PE: Cosmic Kids Yoga
If you would like extra learning resources to explore during this remote learning period:
Please use the Oak National Academy to find a variety of fantastic lessons and activities taught virtually by qualified teachers. The BBC Bitesize website also offers great learning activities.